Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Movie News

8 years of Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Heroine’

Famous Bollywood director Madhur Bhandarkar usually depicts the realities of society in his movie. One such movie that he directed was ‘Heroine’. The movie starred Kareena Kapoor and now has completed 8 good years. In an interview to ETimes, the filmmaker opened up about the criticisms that he received for doing the movie from Bollywood rivals. Talking about the movie, he said, “The film has aged very well and it doesn’t feel like it has been eight years. People who have watched the film always find something new in it. ‘Heroine’ is both contemporary and ahead of time which depicts the reality of Bollywood. It gave people an inside view of what is happening in Bollywood and how cut-throat this industry is. It gives a volatile perspective of it. I am really happy and proud to have made the film.”

Madhur Bhandarkar on 8 Years of ‘Heroine’:

Kareena kapoor

In addition, Kareena also feels that Heroine is the best work of her career so far. He also added, “I depicted a very rude reality. A lot of people felt that I have taken a lot of incidents and issues from real life. People were obviously uncomfortable for that to come out. However, be it ‘Page 3’, ‘Traffic Signal’, ‘Fashion’, or any other movie, I have always been vocal about the institution that I show in my films. I have been very blatant and precise in them. As for ‘Heroine’, I would say about 70 percent of it is true. It is what happens in the industry in reality. The rest 30 percent is all drama for cinematic effect.”

The director also feels that Kareena did justice to the role and loved the script of the film. Not only this, he also confessed that the actress completely surrendered to the character of Mahi Arora. He also praised the actress by saying that she is brilliant and is a switch-off-witch-on kind of an actress.

Drop in your thoughts on the movie ‘Heroine’.

Stay tuned to Bollywood Hush for more updates!

You May Also Like

Television

The serial with new-edge Barrister Babu is making headlines in all tabloids. Fans are going crazy over the story and the characters of the serial. The...

Celebrity

Bhushan Kumar is the chairman and managing director of T-Series and also the husband of Divya Khosla Kumar. We all know Divya from her song “Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi” as her...

Television

Anupamaa is the latest upcoming television serial to forecast on Star Plus. The serial Anupamaa portrays Rupali Ganguly in the leading title character Anupamaa. The serial...

Bollywood

As per the latest reports, a very bizarre incident took place on Monday 8th June. We are all aware of the glitter and glam...